The Main Library of AGH University of Science and Technology – the Main Library of AGH University of Science and Technology is the biggest technical library in Kraków and one of the biggest in Poland – its book collection includes over 425 thousand volumes. The library was founded in the academic year 1921/22. Initially, it was located in the building at 18 Loretańska Street, then at 7 Smoleńsk Street. In 1929, the collection was moved to the newly constructed building of the then Academy of Mining at 30 Mickiewicza Avenue. In 1966, a new, free-standing building of the Library was put into use – the first modular library building in Poland. In 2014, the Library was renovated – the building gained over 1.1 thousand square meters of space and, currently, amounts to over 6 thousand sq m.