Castle Ruins Lanckorona

CATEGORY
landscape ruins castle
STYLE
14th century
YEAR
1366
NEIGHBORHOOD
town
CITY
Lanckorona
REGION
małopolskie
Download PDF

About location

The ruins of the medieval castle are located on Lanckorońska Góra, north of Lanckorona in Lesser Poland.

The castle was most likely built by Casimir the Great in the middle of the 14th c.; its role was to protect the border between the Kraków region and the Duchy of Oświęcim.

The demolition of the ruins began in 1884, which lead to further destruction of what remained of the castle. Currently only the foundations of the towers and remains of the face masonry wall have been preserved.